Tuesday, April 21

Happy Biscuit Heaven (Creative Tuesdays)

Biscuits featured that are all perfect for dunking (from top of the cuppa, clockwise): 
Dark Chocolate Digestive, Jam Sandwich, Fruit Shortie, Bourbon Sandwich, Jammie Dodger, Shortbread, Party Ring, and Ginger Nut! :)


What simple life's pleasure makes me happy? Well, a good strong cup of tea comes to mind, and the thought of an assortment of English biscuits to nibble on! Silly, I know but oh so good. Of course, in real life, the only kinds one can readily find here (Stateside) are the dark chocolate digestives (my fave anyway, as shown with one being on the top) and ginger snaps, much like "ginger nuts." The rest? Well, at least I can happily vicariously dunk away without gaining any pounds... or even making any crumbs (and anyone who knows me, knows that would be a seriously major accomplishment)! Just as well, really, because as the hours passed by, my hunger only increased and now it's close to 1:00 am! 

Oh boy, can't believe I took it right down to the wire on this one again... even with the extended deadlines! Sorry about doing that—totally forgot I was going to be gone with work in Cali for close to a week. Lots going on here, let me tell you!

Anyway, it's time for moi to visit the rest of you later tonight, leaving my various comments along the way for each. Looking forward to seeing who did this C.T. challenge and what simple life's pleasures, like tea and dunking, bring you that certain ephemeral happiness :)

P.S. I should perhaps note that this illustration in no way indicates I don't also love a variety of American style cookies too. Of course I do! One can't live here as long as I and not find some baked goodies to love. (Haha, who am I kidding? With my sweet tooth it would have taken me a week... tops!) Other delicious delectables that come to mind that are also good for dunking in coffee or tea are Oreos, choc chip cookies, Milanos, Snickerdoodles, and so on. Oh yes! The list goes on and on...
SHARE:

21 comments

  1. Flying the flag MrT! English biscuits and tea, what more could one ask for and you can't go wrong with a McVities digestive either! My favourite are jammy doggers (this is the biscuit with the red heart directly underneath the cup, for those reading this). I nibble all round the outside to leave the jammy bit in the middle until last. Sheer heaven and I always eat at least three at any one time! I can see you have studied the biscuits in great depth for your drawing Michael, especially the shading on the chocolate digestive showing the lovely ripples!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And let me tell you, dear Linda, that choccie digestive took me yonkers--easily as long as three others. It was worth it though. I actually would eat them after studying each one for a bit. Ehem, 3 or 4 biccies later!

      My only beef here is incredibly, Idid the flag wrong! the white lines shoudl be thick then thin starting from the top left quadrant bu tI got so tired I was seeing double. LOL. Anyway, thank you for your kind words.

      Sheer heaven here on earth is right too. I eat my jammie bics the same way, whatever kind they are adn the same with peanut butter cups too, come to think of it. Haha.

      Delete
    2. BTW, Linda, you know, the funniest thing is that the cup I drew here is actually one of our cups bought from Starbucks and instead of the flag, there's the SB logo! I love these cups though as they keep the heat for ages so I often drink tea in there. in fact, usually its tea as I rarely drink home made coffee, funnily enough. Just a bit too strong for when home and winding down before it gets too late to have any caffeine at all, sorry to say. :)

      Delete
  2. The bourbon creams are a long time favourite since childhood! Amazing detail and design here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suspect they are easier to find up in Canada, right? Oh Canada! You've got it right! :)

      Delete
  3. sweet take on the theme. sorry, I'm more of a potato chip/saltine crackers of girl so, no clue what those cookies are but I think I did ate something similiar to the one at the right corner, the one with the pink filling or maybe not...

    anyway, have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whislt I do def have a sweet tooth, I must admit to liking salty stuff too. I think Alex prefers the chip side of things better too so I do get you there. :) thanks for your comment.

      Delete
  4. Hi Michael, I am blown away by the detail in your yummy cookies. And I love the British mug. Life sure sounds so busy for you. If I was travelling for work, I'd never get my Creative Tuesdays piece done. So, way-to-go, mate (as they say in Britain). The only cookie I think I can name is the shortbread. My go-to comfort food is candy and ice cream. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, Tracy, I love love ice cream too, must admit and I love PB cups especially. :)Thank you for you comments. I RARELY ever travel for work actually but do have a full time job and family and what not so naturally am busy as we all are no doubt. Thank you!

      I will post the biccie names here as an addendum.

      Delete
    2. My pleasure on the comments, Michael.

      Delete
  5. I'm not a sweet tooth but I like your artwork.

    Happy Eating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whaaaa??? you bake but are not a sweet tooth? Well now, I must admit, I'm surprised. go figure. Well, I know you do bake a lot of great things from the sight of it. Hope you are well and happy. If CT theme had been open up to the kitchen, you could have baked dometihng making one quite happy, I am sure! Thank you for you visit.

      Delete
    2. I know, it's confusing based on my blog but what you don't know is those bakes are made without refined sugars or flours. Most are also made without dairy or eggs, as well.

      Cheers and boogie boogie.

      Delete
  6. I love this but imagine how roly poly you'd look if you had ALL of those cookies in the house. Hee :D lol J/K

    ReplyDelete
  7. Umm...hahahhaha....I'm thinking Ive had at least that many (of different sorts) today and last night. lol. you are too funny, smoots. Cheeky.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great, thanks for sharing that. Off to go nibble on some digestive biscuits!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yayyyy, tea, cookies, and the Union Jack flag! I love tea (have learned to really love it this year from health stuff/still having coffee but no longer using sugar in it), pastries are lovely, and London is my favorite city. Ten years ago, I lived over in London and went to school there, and miss that portion of life in some ways. Anyway I'm so glad this makes you happy! These things in life, and this illustration, makes me happy ^_^ All the best to you Mr. T!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never knew that. Rock on, Donna. :) I take just a few granules in my tea now too btw.

      Delete
  10. Michael,
    I too like Tracy love the detail - I am not good at detail at all. I couldn't eat one bite of what you painted but I appreciate your love for sweets. We have no sugar or grains. But I just baked yummy coconut, pumpkin muffins. And will be making my own ice cream again soon. (had to leave my ice cream maker in the States).
    Blessings,
    Janis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait--um, how do you make icecream w/o sugar? Honey perhaps? Agava? Well, I suspect you are a lot healthier than I but I did just get my health screening done and found out my blood pressure is good so I'm sticking with that as a positive at least. :)

      Pumpkin and coconut? As you put it, I'll have NOne of that! LOL. Not my cup of tea, really.

      Thanks for visiting. Janis. So, where do you live now?

      Delete