Monday, September 19

PATTERN


Hi, fellow CT'ers! I hope you're soaking up the last rays of summer. Here, in North Yorkshire, it's turned rather wet and cold but last week was lovely.

Again, using Scarborough as my inspiration, I decided to focus on the beach. The only thing is, I forgot to include all the endless seagulls here, there and everywhere, actually. Ha-ha. There is this herring gull that my brother-in-law particularly doesn't like — no wonder — it screams like a strangled something or other almost every morning and can even be a little frightening. Oh dear me. Well, as it is, I'm not terribly a seaside type person but love the idea of it at least, especially those Cornish ice cream 99's so dearly loved as a child. Now, if only I could get a ride all the way down to Cornwall but that will have to be for another trip!

How did your patterns go? Time to check them out. Below, you'll find the initial drawing which I then repeated. I was kind of hoping too that the waves might even remind one of clouds perhaps? Hmm... Well, regardless, they almost line up seamlessly. Not bad for my very first pattern attempt. :)


SHARE:

12 comments

  1. You did such a good job with this one! Wonderful seaside theme. Yay for patterns! I will post mine tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you, Christine! glad you like it. I almost gave up on it a few times as it was so detailed and took quite a while to work out the various elements, sizing, what worked with what, etc. Good challenge indeed though! Glad I pushed through, must admit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suddenly really want to be at the beach. So, good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, are you anywhere near though? From land locked state to Yorkshire certainly gives us lots of opps. I'm afraid I prefer to watch the sand frolicking from above rather than get my shoes wet and sandy. lol. Always been that way too really. It is a fun illo though, isn't it? Thanks again, Jenn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is wonderful!! just everything you'd want for a trip to the beach!! love the color palette you've used here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sue, I really thought about how to limit the colour palette, should I ever make this in to a fabric for kid's curtains or pj's or something. Now, wouldn't that jsut be so grand? :)

      Delete
  6. so cute! reminds me of summer days though I don't like the beaches...

    have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAha, you are so funny. Well, as I mentioned, in reality I cam not terribly a beach person either. I;d far rather be walking the urban jungle or better yet, Muir woods with all those redwoods. Now, that is way more my cup of tea. I love trees! As I see you do too. :) Thank you for the visit, artwork contribution and comment, as always!

      Delete
  7. What a lovely pattern, Mooks. I know you weren't quite sure about it when you started, so I'm glad you pushed through. It's utterly adorable and perfect for cards and wrapping paper alike! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the coastal theme☺ Cute pattern ♥

    summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for visiting and commenting Michael. Yes I am well apart from some back issues. Good to see you back. Been scrolling through some of your latest posts. I love all your designs except perhaps for the witch one! Looking at your design of the beech huts I thought how you use the brush for your designing whereas my son uses the camera. I plan to post many of his amazing photos from around the world when I have the time to sort some of his many thousands.I have not posted as many as usual of my own this year as I have been somewhat limited in travel with sciatica. Hoping to rectify that this year as I'm learning to manage the pain with the right exercises. I do hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete